Christ is in our midst! He is and ever shall be!
Thank you for visiting our St Luke parish website!We hope you’ll look around and we invite you to visit our parish.
|His Eminence, Metropolitan JOSEPH, Primate Archpriest Michael Tassos, Rector Priest Jon Fate, Attached Protodeacon Stephen Bell, Attached Archpriest Michael Lewis of blessed memory|
Weekly Schedule of Services
Great Vespers ~ Saturdays ~ 6pm
Please note: There will be NO Great Vespers on Saturday, September 10th.
Please note: Great Vespers on Saturday, September 17th will begin at 5pm.
Matins ~ Sundays ~ 8:50am
Divine Liturgy ~ Sundays ~ 10am
Last year was the Centennial Jubilee of the Falling Asleep of St. Raphael of Brooklyn (1915-2015). Click HERE to read more.
On the occasion of the 3rd anniversary of the kidnapping of the two Metropolitans of Aleppo
His Eminence Paul (Yazigi) and His Eminence John (Abraham) on April 22, 2013
A Joint Statement has been issued by the two Patriarchates of Antioch and of All the East:
The Greek Orthodox Church and the Syriac Orthodox Church. To read the statement click HERE
Please continue to pray for Metropolitan PAUL and Archbishop JOHN and for their quick release from captivity and safe return!
St. Luke 2nd Annual Parish International Picnic
Click HERE to see a slide show of the day!
Upcoming at St. Luke
- Wednesday, September 7th – Evening Divine Liturgy for the Nativity of the Theotokos at 6:30pm.
- Tuesday, September 13th – Evening Divine Liturgy for the Elevation of the Holy Cross at 6:30pm.
- Saturday, September 17th – St. Luke Parish Angels Baseball Game at 6pm. Great Vespers will begin at 5pm.
Upcoming in the Orthodox Community
- Saturday, September 10th 2016: St. Mark Orthodox Church in Irvine “Un” Golf Dinner & Hoedown at 6pm. Click HERE for more information and to purchase tickets.
- October 7th-9th 2016: Annual Fall Gathering hosted by St. Simeon Orthodox Mission in Santa Clarita, CA. Click HERE for all information, registration forms, and hotel information.
Morning Prayer of the Optina Elders
O Lord, grant that I may meet all that this coming day brings to me with spiritual tranquility. Grant that I may fully surrender myself to your holy will.
At every hour of this day, direct and support me in all things. Whatsoever news may reach me in the course of the day, teach me to accept it with a calm soul and the firm conviction that all is subject to your holy will.
Direct my thoughts and feelings in all my words and actions. In all unexpected occurrences, do not let me forget that all is under your care.
Grant that I may deal straightforwardly and wisely with every member of my family, neither embarrassing nor saddening anyone.
O Lord, grant me the strength to endure the fatigue of the coming day and all the events that take place during it. Direct my will and teach me to pray, to believe, to hope, to be patient, to forgive, and to love. Amen.
More info on the Optina Elders